In this guide we will go through the steps required to get SmartThings working with your Remootio.
Users normally do not need to register any account to use their Remootio devices as all keys are stored on the device itself any the user’s smartphone. Alexa and Google Home and SmartThings however requires an account to link the skill with, therefore in order to use SmartThings you will need to register a Remootio account and share a key (that it will use) with this Remootio account.
-Your Remootio device is set up
-It’s connected to your home Wi-Fi
-Internet access is enabled via EasyConnect
-The status sensor has to be installed and enabled in the Remootio app (the SmartThings app needs to know the current status of your gate or garage door)
1) Open the Remootio app, and swipe to your device
2) Tap the settings icon in the bottom right corner
3) Scroll down until you see Alexa and Google Home and tap on it
You will then see the following screen:
4.a) If you already have a Remootio account continue to step 5)
4.b) If you don’t have a Remootio account yet, tap on Register Remootio account
Upon successful registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Click on the link in the e-mail to verify your account.
5) Log in to your Remootio account. (In the same menu you’ve reached in step 3). After logging in you should see the following screen:
6) Tap on Link device. Upon successful linking a key called Smart home will appear in your shared keys list. This is the key SmartThings will use. If you enable the internet access rights for this key, the SmartThings app will not be able to operate your gate. In order to unlink your Remootio device from your Remootio account, you need to delete the Smart home key just like any regular key.
7) Open the SmartThings app, and tap on the plus button to add a new device. Search for Remootio, and select the Remootio Garage Door connector.
8) Log in with your Remootio account that you’ve used in step 5
9) Upon successful account linking you should see the following screen
10) Now you should be able to see your Remootio device in the SmartThings app.
11) You can check the status of your device via the SmartThings app and also operate your Remootio by pressing the action button.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up Remootio to work with SmartThings.